Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

Coverage outside Yukon

As a Yukon employer, you want your workers to be covered every day, no matter where they’re working.

In certain situations, your workers are covered when they leave the Yukon to work. In some cases, this coverage is automatic; in others, you have to request it.

Coverage by YWCHSB does not replace the coverage requirements of the jurisdiction in which your workers will be working. It’s important for you to check with the other province, territory or country to determine those requirements as well.

You can find links to every Canadian board on the homepage of the Association of Workers' Compensation Boards of Canada.

Working elsewhere in Canada

When your workers work outside Yukon but within Canada, they may be covered by us for up to 12 months. The criteria are set out in the Workers’ Compensation Act and Policy EA-14:

  • Your worker must meet the definition of worker under the Act; and

  • You must meet the conditions and criteria set out in section 7 of the Act (you can also find them in the policy).

If their work extends beyond 12 months, you must apply to us and request an extension.

Working outside Canada

If you are planning to send workers outside Canada to work for you, you must apply to us for coverage for those workers.

Be sure to begin investigating coverage as soon as possible. It may take us up to 30 days to reach a decision on your application.

Use our Application for Extended Coverage Outside Canada form to make this request.

Further information

If you have further questions, our Assessment Branch is available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST). You can reach us at 867-667-5645 or [email protected].

For more information about coverage outside Yukon, please refer to our policy EA-14, Coverage for Workers Outside Yukon.