Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

How do I get covered for work outside Yukon?

If you’re a Yukon-based employer and you’re planning on sending workers outside of Yukon, contact the workers’ compensation board in the jurisdiction you’ll be operating in. You may be required to register and pay assessment fees there. If so, you must register there and YWCHSB will not extend your coverage. Contact information for other workers’ compensation boards is available at the end of this article.

If the board in the other jurisdiction will not or cannot cover your workers, ask for documentation that explains their decision. This is often called a “status letter.” Submit the documentation to YWCHSB, along with an Application for Coverage Outside, and we will consider extending coverage to your workers outside of Yukon.

Make sure to begin investigating coverage for your workers outside Yukon as soon as possible. It may take YWCHSB up to 30 days to reach a decision after you apply. And prior to that, other jurisdictions may take just as long to inform you of their requirements.

For more information, please refer to policy EA-14, “Coverage for Workers Outside Yukon.”

Contact Information for Other Workers’ Compensation Boards