Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

How do I get a Clearance Letter?

You should ensure the contractor or subcontractor you hired has a valid Workers’ Compensation account because, if they don’t, you are responsible for the cost of their coverage.

To find out, ask us for a clearance letter.

This letter confirms whether a contractor or subcontractor has a Workers’ Compensation account in good standing.

Employers can withhold funds from contractors or subcontractors until they receive confirmation they have paid their Workers’ Compensation assessments. The clearance letter provides that confirmation and authorizes the release of final payment.

You can request a clearance letter from the Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board.

Here is how to contact us to obtain your clearance letter:
Phone: (867) 667-5645
Toll-free across Canada: (800) 661-0443
Fax: (867) 393-6279
Email[email protected]
401 Strickland Street
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 5N8
(We are open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)