Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

Are workers covered when they leave Yukon?

Not necessarily, and certainly not by default. Employers must follow the laws and regulations of the place they’re operating in. That includes workers’ compensation laws. Only if coverage is not available in those other jurisdictions might YWCHSB extend coverage. Employers must apply for that extended coverage in advance.

Start looking into workers’ compensation coverage as soon as you begin planning to send workers out of Yukon. We recommend you begin your research 2 months before your workers’ departure date. YWCHSB can take up to 30 days to make a decision about extending coverage, and some other workers’ compensation boards may take even longer to advise your of their local requirements.

For more information, please refer to policy EA-14, “Coverage for Workers Outside Yukon.”