Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

How to Register

You can register with Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board using this online Registration form.

If you are self-employed, you may apply for coverage for yourself or, if authorized to do so, on behalf of your partners. Directors of non-profit societies may also qualify for coverage. Please contact the Board for more information.

Remember, this form is for new businesses only. Existing businesses update their information annually through the Employer Payroll Return and Contract Labour Report, which is due by the end of business every February 28 (or 29 on leap year).

If your company is working in the Yukon for fewer than 10 calendar days, you may qualify for temporary status, which would allow you to receive a compliance letter.

Please contact our offices at (867) 667-5645 to request a temporary status application form. Our Employer Services Officers will review your application and, if you qualify, will provide a letter confirming your good standing with the Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board.

Every other employer in the Yukon must set up and maintain an account with us. This is true whether your workers are employed on a regular, casual or contract basis. That’s because, in the Yukon, virtually every worker is covered when injured on the job.

This system protects workers and businesses. Workers are supported in a variety of ways following an on-the-job injury. And employers are protected from employee lawsuits that could cripple or close their business.

To provide the appropriate coverage for your business we need information. Therefore, after hiring a worker you have 10 days to provide details about your operation and an estimate of your assessable payroll.

If you need more information or assistance, contact our office.

Phone: (867) 667-5645
Toll-free across Canada: (800) 661-0443
Fax: (867) 393-6279
Email[email protected]


401 Strickland Street
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 5N8
We are open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.