Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close


How Do I File an Injury Claim?


After you’ve been injured, don’t dawdle. The faster you report the injury to us, the faster we can process the paperwork and start delivering assistance, support and medical treatment.

The worker’s report of injury is here.

You have up to a year to file. We may consider a late claim after that, but there has to be a good reason.

Better to simply get it in.

Once you’ve filed, your employer has three days to submit their report to us.

So, here is what we need ...

Before we can process your claim we need to know what happened. That demands credible information.

So we want the Worker’s Report of Injury (above).
Note: We only require this report if you sought medical treatment off the jobsite or missed work beyond the day of injury. 

The Employer’s Report of Injury.
Note to employers: You must note any incident on the jobsite in case complications arise in the future. These notes will also serve to demonstrate you take site safety seriously.

And the Doctor’s First Report.
Note: This is to be filled out by your doctor.

These forms can be submitted online, by fax, mail or in person.

Here is our contact information:
Phone: (867) 667-5645
Toll-free across Canada: (800) 661-0443
Fax: (867) 393-6279
Email: [email protected]
401 Strickland Street
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 5N8
(We are open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)

If your injury returns

If your injury recurs, follow these three steps:
Report the recurrence to the employer,
Seek medical treatment immediately and have a report, and all relevant medical information sent to the Board, and
Fill out this Request to Reactivate Claim form.

If the present problem results from the original injury, compensation may be paid.