Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

How to submit a hearing loss claim

If you suffer from hearing loss and believe it is related to your employment, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation coverage. If you would like to apply for coverage, first consider the following two questions.

Question 1

While working in Yukon, were you around hazardous noise for:

  • Two or more years continuously?


  • Five or more years intermittently?

Question 2

Did you have a hearing test:

  • At the time you were around workplace hazardous noise?


  • Within two years since you were last around workplace hazardous noise? 

If you answered “yes” to both questions, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation coverage related to your hearing loss.

If you would like to submit a claim, this is what you need to do:

  1. Fill out the Request to Service Canada for Record of Employment template and mail it to the address on the template. 

In three to four months, Service Canada will respond to your request and mail your Record of Employment to the mailing address you provided in your request.

Once you have received your Record of Employment from Service Canada, you can proceed with the next steps:

  1. Fill out the Worker’s Report of Injury - Hearing Loss form.

  2. Submit both the Record of Employment and the completed “Worker’s Report of Injury - Hearing Loss” form to us. You can do this by mail, fax or in person at our office.

Our address

Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board
401 Strickland Street
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 5N8

Our fax number


If you have any questions, call our main number at 867-667-5645.