Policy Development Process
January 14, 2002 - April 25, 2005
The Workers' Compensation Act (the Act) provides for formal public consultation on certain policy items including section 93.(h.1)that states:
"prior to the adoption of any draft policy affecting claims for compensation, cause notice of the draft policy to be published at least once a week for two consecutive weeks, in a newspaper circulated in the Yukon Territory, and the notice shall state
- the purpose of the draft policy and a general description of its effect on claims for compensation,
- that a copy of the draft policy is on file in the public register and may be inspected by members of the public during business hours,
- the time during which the members of the board will accept submissions on the draft policy, which shall not be less than 30 days after the last publication of the notice, and
- the procedure to be followed by members of the public who wish to submit representations concerning the draft policy."
This policy is intended to:
• Outline the purpose of policy statements issued by the Board
• Give general guidelines on the process to be followed by the Board in developing policy including some options for public consultation.
Development and Application of Board Policy