Below are a few examples of organizations that offer workplace health and safety training. WSCB has partnered with these organizations or is familiar with their training, but there may be others that offer similar courses. We encourage workers and employers to contact these organizations directly to ask about specific training opportunities.
- Aurora Safety Training is Yukon-based and provides courses in first aid, food safety and transportation of dangerous goods.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCHOHS) offers a variety of online training related to workplace health and safety.
- Northern Safety Network Yukon (NSNY) provides workplace health and safety courses and oversees occupational safety and health accreditation programs.
- St. John Ambulance offers first aid and CPR training.
- University of Fredericton (UFRED) offers programs in workplace psychological health and safety to Yukon workers and employers at a 70 per cent reduction from regular tuition.
- Yukon University (YukonU) offers training in mobile crane safety, industrial safety training and Canadian Red Cross First Aid certification.