Safety Culture Contest 2021 winners
| June 4, 2021
The Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board is proud to announce the winners of the Safety Culture Contest 2021.
This year’s theme was promoting respectful and kind behaviour at home, school, work or play. Yukon students were invited to submit creative projects from any cultural genre, from film to literary arts, plastic arts to music.
We received over 70 entries and it was challenging to narrow down the winners. We would like to thank each and every student for taking the time to create and submit their entry. We are so encouraged to see that Yukon’s future workforce holds kind and respectful behaviour in such high regard.
Please join us in congratulating our Safety Culture Contest 2021 winners.
|Kindergarten to Grade 3||Grade 4 to Grade 7||Grade 8 to Grade 12|
|1st place – Samuel
Video – COVID LEGO
|1st place – Ben
Video – Kindness
|1st place – Sarah
|2nd place – Grace
Poster – Kindness will make you smile
|2nd place – Lily
Salted watercolour – We are all different and it’s beautiful
|3rd place – Elias
City flag – Please and thank you
|3rd place – Hailey, Corbin, Daniela
Video – Slideshow emoji
For more information on the Safety Culture Contest and the prizes, please visit wcb.yk.ca/safetyculturecontest.
The Safety Culture Contest provides the organization with the unique opportunity for Yukon’s future workforce to learn about the importance of workplace health and safety in a way that is fun and educational. I take great pride in congratulating this year’s winners.
– President/CEO YWCHSB Kurt Dieckmann
- Our contest is designed to inspire Yukon children and youth to think about how health and safety affects their everyday lives—at home, school, work and play.
- The contest is part of our educational programming, which aims to fundamentally shift the territory’s safety culture by promoting a health and safety mindset from a young age.
- The theme for 2021 was promoting respectful and kind behaviour at home, school, work and play.
- Safety Culture Contest (link to https://www.wcb.yk.ca/web-0084/web-0089)
Communications, Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board