A work-related injury is an injury that arises out of and in the course of employment. You can see the full definition in Policy EN-01 Arising Out Of and In The Course Of Employment.

If you have been injured at work get medical attention right away, if you need it.

You must report the details of your injury to your employer and your employer must report your injury to us. Unless you are filing a claim, we don’t require you to report your injury to us.

Reporting an injury to your employer is not the same as filing a claim for compensation with us. You have up to 12 months to file a claim for compensation with us, but we recommend you do so as soon as possible.

If you wish to file a claim for compensation, read the information and complete the form on the claims process page. If your claim is specific to hearing loss, follow our process for hearing loss claims.

It is an offence under the Workers’ Compensation Act for anyone to discourage you from making a claim for compensation.

Injured at work? What to do

Medical treatment needed off the worksite? What to do

What happens when I file a report of injury/illness?