If a serious incident or serious injury occurs at a workplace, the employer or person responsible for the workplace must report it to Occupational Health and Safety immediately or as soon as reasonably practicable.
Notify us right away about the following incidents:
- serious injury to or death of a worker;
- structural failure or collapse of a building, structure, crane, hoist, temporary construction support system or excavation;
- major release of a hazardous substance;
- fire or uncontrolled explosion;
- brake failure on mobile equipment that causes a runaway.
Any serious incident, even one where no one gets hurt, must also be reported through our emergency reporting line.
The 24-hour reporting line is 867-667-5450 or toll free 800-661-0443.
Employers must still Report a workplace injury that does not fall under Section 30 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.